» From Pastor Dave
» What We As A Church Are Doing
» What You Can Do
» What Our City Is Doing
Faith Over Fear
2 Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
Psalm 91:5-7, 10-11
"Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you... If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go."
From Pastor Dave
March 27, 2020
LifePath Church is teaming up with Palm West Community Church & The Bridge Church to run errands for Sun City West senior residents who are shut-in or should not leave their residence due to the COVID-19 outbreak. These errands include basic groceries, toiletries, medicines, and other simple tasks.
If you are able to serve in this capacity, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
March 22, 2020
It's Sunday! While we won't be gathering in a building today, I hope you will join us for a LIVE eGathering.
What's an eGathering you ask? Okay, so to be up front with you, you've never heard of an eGathering because we invented the term 😊. An eGathering is simply an opportunity for us to gather electronically—online—for prayer, encouragement, fellowship, and a message. It's one way we can stay connected while "social-distancing."
I hope you will join us! Go to https://lifepath.church/egather for instructions on how to connect. I suggest you connect at least 10 minutes before start time, especially if it's your first time using Zoom. If you have trouble connecting, text us at 623.335.3838 and we will give you a call.
March 20, 2020
Join us Sunday for a live online gathering at 10:30A for prayer, encouragement, scripture reading, and a Bible message. We will connect through Zoom. For information on how to connect, click here to be redirected to LifePath's eGather webpage. Hope to see you!
March 17. 2020
Our nation is in a crisis that continues to escalate daily and we are all feeling the effects. While there is panic and fear in air, we have a Rock upon which we stand and a refuge in whom we find shelter and peace. Our heavenly Father is still Almighty God. He still reigns. He is still good. Yes, these are good days to be living for Christ and a tremendous opportunity for us to live out our faith and deepen our reliance upon Him. We are in uncharted waters, but we know He is with us and will guide us through.
Over the next few weeks, we are going to have to do some things differently, due to the Coronavirus health crisis. Yesterday, both our President and Governor urged the public to refrain from gathering in groups of more than 10 (ten) people. Believing it necessary to comply for the good of our community, all "in-person" church group gatherings are suspended for the near future, effective immediately.
While the crisis may change our methods, it does not change our mission!
GATHER & GROW: Stay connected online.
- While we will not gather in-person, we are exploring our best options for gathering online. More information will be coming later this week.
- Let's begin by "gathering" for prayer everyday at 8:53 AM/PM (these are the first three numbers of the church's zip code). I encourage you to set an alarm reminder on your phone. At that moment let's stop and pray for one another, our community, our state, our nation, our president, governor, health officials and care-givers, etc. Will you join me?
GIVE: Setup reoccurring online giving.
- The mission of the church continues along with these new challenges and associated costs. If you haven't yet, setting up online giving is an easy process. Consider using the ACH reoccuring method which saves the church a significant amount in fees. Click here to get setup. If you need help, contact David Wedge.
GO: Serve our community.
- Let's be a shining light. This crisis provides us a tremendous opportunity to serve our community and one another. Later this week we will be communicating to the church our short-term community initiatives and crisis response. Let’s together step up and be the church at such a time as this!
Please be watching your inbox and social media feeds for church related communication. We are going to do our best to keep you informed. I want you to know all your pastors and LifeGroup leaders are here for you. You are in our prayers and are available to help. Please feel free to reach out to any one of us.
Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid, I will trust in you."
What We Are Doing As A Church
- TRUSTING GOD: It is important to keep perspective and not panic. No matter how dire circumstances get, the Lord remains our refuge and strength, “an ever-present help in trouble” (Ps. 46:1).
- UNIFYING IN PRAYER: Everyday at 8:53 AM/PM (the first three numbers of our zip code) we are praying for one another, our nation, our community, for public health officials, for health-care professionals,, for researchers, and for caregivers. As Christians, we believe God hears and answers prayer!
- REMAINING CONNECTED: Our Sunday gatherings and LifeGroups will remain connected online. Tentatively, our online Sunday gatherings. Click here for eGathering. If you haven't been involved in a LifeGroup, now is a great time to start. Contact us to let us know if that's you!
- WORKING THE MISSION: While our methods have to change, our mission does not change, nor does it stop. Every day we will continue working the mission of helping people find life in Jesus and follow His path.
- LOVING OUR NEIGHBORS: We will not sit idly by and wait for the crisis to pass! This is a moment for us to serve our community, in the name of Jesus, through our community initiatives and crisis response. Details are developing.
- STAYING INFORMED: The media is aflame with daily updates (sometimes confusing and/or contradictory). We’re following a reliable list of information for educational and planning purposes.
What You Can Do
- Pray for our community and those directly affected by COVID-19. Pray for the health care workers that are treating the sick and those public health administrators making difficult decisions. Pray that God would protect our community from further spread of the virus.
- Reflect Christ. In these anxious days, the body of Christ can shine as a light of hope, strength, faith, and peace. We can demonstrate for the world how our faith provides true assurance against worry and fear. Don't panic, and don't fear!
- Practice recommended personal hygiene:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home. We will gather online.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your forearm when coughing and sneezing.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds at a time. Use soap and water when possible.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol if no soap and water are available.
- Keep your heart encouraged by spending time with the Lord in prayer, reading His Word and worshiping, daily! Here are 17 Ideas To Keep Your Body, Mind And Spirit Strong.
- Stay informed. Fill out the form below to receive LifePath's updates by email.